General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

24e, 24de?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Contributing Member

catch it on video man, drift and all (best part)

heh, i'd love to see it
Old 06-29-2005, 12:30 AM
Contributing Member

will do, i mean the end of the track is far from people. no one down there to run into and its a nice 90 degree corner.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:30 AM

I dont have to go through DEQ for emissions test where i live, im out of both of the bigger city limits around me so we dont have to go through it for some reason. So i could take all the emissions stuff out if i wanted, ill just have some one help me out with that stuff because i dont realy know what everything is yet, im still learning a lot.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

very well. but man its better to explore ur own car. i have only had my 240 for about 2 years now and i have completed 2 motor swaps and other major things by my self. thats just my way of learning things. also this forum has answered alot of my questions that i had on things so utilize the search button. pretty much any thought u have, I have had or the other 1000 memebers here have had.

ps man u will save so much money and be able to by pizza and shiit
Old 06-29-2005, 12:56 AM

no im not taking it to a shop my friends dad builds cars and works on them all the time so he always helps me out when i need something and he lives across the street so i can just take it over there and we can take all the emissions stuff out. ill just have him tell whats what so i dont take out the wrong thing.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Contributing Member

cool the only thing u will need are some plugs, u can get them from advance or any auto store. or u can make ur own. when u take the egr valve off u have to plug it. u have to plug the hole in the headers also

Last edited by Biggamehit; 06-29-2005 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:45 AM
Contributing Member

best way to learn is to grab a chiltons or haynes and go straight to hands on.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:24 AM

the guy across the street pretty much is one of those books, all he is going to do is tell me what stuff is and ill be doing all the work myself.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:29 AM

hey wait my check engine light came on a few days ago and i got it scanned and it said one of the reasons it came one was because the, "EGR fails to change EGR temp sensor resistance enough or resistance changes too slowly." and earlyer in this thread it was said i could take that out so would that be hurting the car in anyway or would it be fine and my check engine light would turn off?
Old 06-29-2005, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by Biggamehit
i got rid of power steering and i took out all the emissions equipment.
What type of steering rack are you using, and how much did it cost and where.....
My rack and pinion are gone anyways looking to save some scratch, and HP...........
Old 06-29-2005, 11:59 PM

cool the only thing u will need are some plugs, u can get them from advance or any auto store. or u can make ur own. when u take the egr valve off u have to plug it. u have to plug the hole in the headers also
I welded a dime into the port of my egr, it has a micro small hole to let the smallest amout of of hot gasses in, and I still pass smog.............
Good way to cheat the smog check and add HP.....................

Last edited by BigVinnie; 06-30-2005 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by BigVinnie
What type of steering rack are you using, and how much did it cost and where.....
My rack and pinion are gone anyways looking to save some scratch, and HP...........
i pumped out the extra fluid and left a lil in the stock rack and plugged it. By the way the dime was genius. I happen to have a plug kit so i just forced the plug in and crimped the egr tube and screwed it back in. then after about 10 min of work i went on ebay and seen a egr plate lol.

ps Hate to break it to the KA guys but after all i may be going with the CA swap again. I found another good connection. An ill save a lil money too. what sucks the most is my new KA has only been in my car for about a month and had 72000 miles on it. and i also did alot of research on the KA also.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 06-30-2005 at 05:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:53 AM

i pumped out the extra fluid and left a lil in the stock rack and plugged it. By the way the dime was genius. I happen to have a plug kit so i just forced the plug in and crimped the egr tube and screwed it back in. then after about 10 min of work i went on ebay and seen a egr plate lol.

ps Hate to break it to the KA guys but after all i may be going with the CA swap again. I found another good connection. An ill save a lil money too. what sucks the most is my new KA has only been in my car for about a month and had 72000 miles on it. and i also did alot of research on the KA also.
How much would you sell that KA for? I'll take it off your hands, I need a second engine while I do my N/A build up....
Then when I swap out for the build up I am just going to barter the block for parts for my 2.2litre KA high rev boosted datsun 510..
Thanx I knew the dime was a cool trick...........
Old 06-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Contributing Member

once i have the CA in my hands with all the trinkets ill see. i would sell it for about 750 which includes shipping in the 750, pretty strong motor
Old 06-30-2005, 01:02 PM

I'll take it P.M me.....

Quick Reply: 24e, 24de?