sleepy eyes for dummies???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:53 AM

sleepy eyes for dummies???

alright it wouldn't let me post a reply on the thread. i just got my 240 and i wanted to do this so i did. now my headlights won't go up unless you turn the ***. the button doesn't work anymore. and before anybody asks yes i cut the brown wire and only the brown wire. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

the lights has to be on for it to engage.
Turn your lights on. Push the button and it should pop up. Double click to lower it to the desired height. THEN you can turn your lights off and it should stay where it's at
Old 10-12-2005, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member

the lights will go up if you turn them on. they just won't go down until you push the button or double tap it.

if you leave your parking lights on it won't go down either. you have to turn off your lights and let them partially/all the way down then turn your parking lights back on.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 AM

yea, everything worled out fine, i just d/l the movie and did it this morning (i got my car last night yay). btw that brown wire, , when i was lookin at it ther was a cylindrical white bplastic tube that ran down the length of it...all i did was unscrew it and it turned out that i can screw it back if i ever wanted to reconnect it. i wonder if that was a stock component or if the previous owner put that on, if they did, then why so many of it on the other wires? anyways, if your worieed about cutting wires, , its just wires, you can solder em back and put on a cap.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

lmfao, i like your first post, When i saw the topic i was just going to say "Cut the brown wire, giggity giggity" and then let you figure out the rest.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:23 PM

alright i figured it out i think i wasn't double clicking the button fast enough or something i know now i sound like a real dumb@** but it's ok i just worry about my baby
Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 PM
Contributing Member

ROFL! I guess my thread DOESNT solve all problems At least you figured it out
Old 10-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SxDrifstaar
...when i was lookin at it ther was a cylindrical white bplastic tube that ran down the length of it...all i did was unscrew it and it turned out that i can screw it back if i ever wanted to reconnect it...
fo shizzle? i'll check that out
Old 10-12-2005, 05:34 PM

if you leave the button popped out, if you turn on and then turn off your headlights, it'll work like normal...

if you press the button in, and turn on your headlights, then turn them off, they'll stay up...

the only function you lose by clipping the wire, is the ability to pop up the headlights without having to turn them on...

a redundant feature, in my opinion, i've never found a use, other than to make my aerodynamics worse, but hey, what do i know..
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 AM

the switch was placed there for service of the lights so it doesnt hav to be on and wont hav to undo the battery.
oh and one REALLY COOL TRICK you can do to your car is to ADD a pressure switch (costs less than a buck fifty for a decent one at auto store or local radio shacky). this gets rid off the double click and will save the life of your switch! instead of double clicking, the pressure switch allows you to hold and let go make sure that the pressure switch that you get is the type that is in OFF mode when not depressed and ON when depressed (ther is another switch that looks similar but has the opposite function, ask your radio shacky guy).
to install this, just make sure your brown wire is cut , then locate your GREEN wire, , NOT THE BLUE WIRE (they look similar). and just follow the diagram: Name:  sleepyeyesdepressorswitch.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  28.2 KB now just figure out where you want that pressure switch you just installed. If you like it, maybe i should make a new thread or something.. and i can hav a sticky. jus lemme kno

Last edited by SxDrifstaar; 10-13-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

MERGED the other one; reopened this sticky.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

damn is that MS paint or super horrible Pshop? LOL =P
Old 10-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
Hahahaha! Great merging Skilzzzz l2aine...wonderful idea from SxDrifstaar, but I would still jist cut the brown wire...ROFL! Im just lazy...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:23 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
it's PHOTOIMPACT
Old 10-15-2005, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

good idea with the pressue switch... wonder if i could hook that up too my cruise control buttons that no longer work...

Quick Reply: sleepy eyes for dummies???