Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Where to get my engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member

You can speak with Heavy Throttle and tell them to come on here if you would like. They aren't going to deny that they order engines from other suppliers in Florida and California. As I said, they will stand behind what they sell and correct anything that is wrong. They are a good company, no doubt about it, it just amazes me how hipocritical most of you are...and how quick you are to bash when I'm not bashing anyone...take it easy, I'd never sell to Dekand or Judge how it is, they don't offer anything to the Nissan community that I have read on any forum except for heresay about other companies (XATRacing) and other people...good luck guys, you keep doing what you're doing, you'll get far. I'm out, this thread is done. I gave information on two companies that he asked about...that's all he asked for. Petty arguments with two people who only linger is not worth my time.

Night

"Most clips ship from Los Angeles so shipping to the East Coast is $500-$700. Shipping to Western states is around $450. Occasionally clips will ship from Florida for $300-$500 to the East Coast" www.heavythrottle.com

Last edited by NightXCZ77; 12-07-2003 at 12:58 AM.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:55 PM

I couldn't care less where or how Heavy Throttle gets their motors. I was simply stating that you are in no position to be putting them down, and regardless of what you try and say, thats what you were doing, and its what you always do.

I have not bought from you or Heavy Throttle, but the fact is, they are not on the boards trashing or "shedding light" on other companies, especially you, you do a great job making yourself look bad.

Im not quite sure what you meant by the statement that I do not offer anything to the Nissan community ... because I offer what ever i can and spare the bull**** unlike you. I have no agenda with my posts and i have nothing to gain with them or lose with them, unlike you.

Again trying to make me or any other company look bad, typical of you and is actually to be expected.

If i met you in person, i would treat you with the same ammount of respect that i treat everyone with. But the minute you started acting like you do online, i would treat you with the same respect i do online. The fact is, not very many people like you, or your business, and im sure that annoys you. And be it your fault or your "suppliers" fault, you still dont do a very good job of rectifying the situation with your immature and thoughtless comments towards others and their companies.

As a last statement in this little discussion,

Grow up.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:05 PM

I am also currently looking for a sr... I dont know man... facts or no facts, you lost me as a buyer. Reason? Like they all have already mentioned, you lost points as far as professionalism goes. If the other companies have flaws, you don't have to worry about it. Just worry about your own part and do your best to build a good reputation and attract customers that way. Let unsatisfied customers do the "knocking." I'd like to see heavy throttle talk about your past flaws. =X
Old 12-07-2003, 04:35 AM

So I just linger (sp) and not add anything to the community here huh? Well if I stopped anyone from waisting their money buying stuff from you then I added to this community. How is it heresay (the stuff I have stated about XAT) when they are the ones building my focking car right now? If I have zero knowledge of them why is it that they received a nice fat check from me to build it right the first time. I talked to you on the phone cameron...called you from Michigan about that Skyline that you were ebaying.....you told me you needed 15grand down to finalize its transportation into the states and another 15K when it got here.....right.....I am going to hand you 15large when you have not even delivered the goods you sold 8months ago. You keep saying you willmake good on those engines "next week"....dude....how long do you think people should have to wait on something they paid for? Who cares if you got shafted using a poor supplyer....is that the customers fault? You are supposed to be a business......if one of my customers had a problem you damn right I would do whatever it ook to fix it...and sure not sit there bragging about how my car is getting sponsored to get all this bad *** stuff done to it....and how I am going to have a 400HP N/A engine (cough bull****) .....your business will be a black splotch in less than two years...no one will even remember your name. You do not know me...nor what kind of impact I can have on your business....this is the internet age....all it takes is some time and you sell nothing to no one....and you are doing yourself alot of good right now....
Old 12-07-2003, 02:05 PM

oh yeah... the skyline, he tried to sell it to me lol...

he said something along the lines of "yeah its legal as a show car" But i have an odometer switch so it only looks like it drives 5,000 miles / year.

haha.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:38 PM

yea...thats cute...so Night..is that car in the country or not? I mean you told me it was not here..and then it was on a boat over here...and then it was in customs and this was all in one phone call..and you tell homie here that you have it and drive it with a switch to kill the odometer.....so tell us.....we all want to know......and do you know anything about ending ebay ads early (without having a reserve) because you did not get the last little bit of cash out of the sale.....you probably did not even have the engine/clips on hand anyway

I was actually going to buy that skyline...but something felt fishy when I talked to you on the phone....good thing I decided to not buy it....for many reasons.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

it appears that this thread is very, very far from its initial purpose. my condolences to the thread starter, and no offense to the other posters, but i don't see the need for this one to keep going. so mods, can u kill this one?
Old 12-08-2003, 07:02 AM

;p im done sorry to thread starter as well... but some things must be said ya know
Old 12-11-2003, 05:02 AM

wow.
thats nuts.

anyways can we get back to the topic of where is the best place to buy a motor from?
I was probably gonna go with either japan domestics motors or night7racing.
but this thread clinched it on that one.

is JD motors a reputable place? anybody have any positive or negative feedback on them? how is there customer service in case anything goes bad?

and just a warning to anyone who already didn't know

STAY THE HOLYBUTT**** AWAY FROM FLASHOPTIONS.COM
my god, what a scam those guys are running. a guy I know ordered a RB25DET from then in april
and still no RB25DET
Old 12-30-2003, 09:13 PM

wow, I didn't see anything wrong in Night's post answering the questions asked. Give him a break, unless he did something that personally affected you, there should be no reason to respond like that.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by EC.240
wow, I didn't see anything wrong in Night's post answering the questions asked. Give him a break, unless he did something that personally affected you, there should be no reason to respond like that.
I appreciate atleast one person on the board standing up for me. Oh well....engines are in DEKAND....
Old 12-31-2003, 09:55 AM

SR20DET

http://www.japandomesticmotor.com
S13 SR20DET red top COMPLETE, uncut harness, $1,500 + shipping( $320 to Colorado), and a 30 DAY WARRANTY , cant beat that, its just a motor set, not a f clip, but a f clip is not necessary, IMO!

Damn I wish they were cheaper on RB swaps!

Also http://www.osakajdmmotors.com, I got an SR20DET from them, COMPLETE, w/ everything $2,000 shipped to my house, but only a start-up warrany, but no problems, and the car has been running for a while, and its modded!

Last edited by Sil80guy; 12-31-2003 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2003, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member

...front clips all the way for the casual swapper.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:20 AM

SR20DET

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
...front clips all the way for the casual swapper.
Yeah, but if you are on a tight budget, a motor swap is more affordable!

S13 SR red top- $1,820 shipped w/ 30day warranty
Greddy FMIC kit- $ 739 + $89 hotpipe, Type S BOV-$195
Custom radiator hoses/ heater hoses- $70
93 Miata smallbattery-$50
NGK plugs,and fluids_ $50

Just about $3,000 DYI, and f clips are more than $1,820

stock exhaust for now, but a muffler, and a custom job, $150-200
Intake _ $50 AUTOzone special

I just think that for the extra money for a f clip, you can get more parts for your motr swap, fmic, etc!

Last edited by Sil80guy; 12-31-2003 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:09 AM
Contributing Member

Thats why I said casual swapper buddy, The casual swapper doesnt really want to go threw all that and just rather get everything in one go ya know?

Quick Reply: Where to get my engine