Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Where to get my engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 07:56 PM

Where to get my engine

I have been looking around at different places to get a SR from. i have found three places to get them from. Heavy Throttle, Japan domestic motor and night 7 racing. they all have different prices but seem to come with all the same things. i was wondering if anyone has any recomendations on which one to pick or the differencesbetween the three that i didnt notice. ty
Old 12-03-2003, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

Heavy throttle is one of the greatest places to get a SR...if you can afford it then go for it
Old 12-03-2003, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Heavy Throttle never sees their stock. They order from Supplying companies in Florida and California. You call them and order an engine, they call their supplier in FL or CA and say "hey, send this out to this guy." They don't check the motors personally, all they do is rely on second hand information from someone at a storage facility. If you order from them, you are paying a guy to make a phone call....call some importing companies in FL or CA and get some pricing...might as well go direct.

I am my own importer, I unload my own containers that come in from my own supplier in Japan...I test each motor myself and view them thoroughly before they ever leave my facility....there are differences with every import shop. I do everything first hand.
I have never heard anything about Japan Domestic Motors...

Night
Old 12-04-2003, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Stop knocking people Cameron....Let them do business peacefully.

Supply the engines people are waiting for, THEN knock others.
Old 12-04-2003, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

I'm not knocking, I am telling the truth. Heavy Throttle does not carry stock, you buy through them because of the name. There have been lots of people to get bad engines from them (stripped spark plugs, other stuff...) but Jeff and Yury have always made up for it. They are a good company, and stand behind what they sell, but they don't have first hand knowledge of what their engines are. That is not knocking, it is telling the truth about a company. It's not an opinion either, it's fact. If it was opinion, it could be considered knocking.

Night
Old 12-05-2003, 01:34 AM

Re: Where to get my engine

Originally posted by nvrstock
I have been looking around at different places to get a SR from. i have found three places to get them from. Heavy Throttle, Japan domestic motor and night 7 racing. they all have different prices but seem to come with all the same things. i was wondering if anyone has any recomendations on which one to pick or the differencesbetween the three that i didnt notice. ty
There are alot more places to get motors from also. Venus auto, sr20det performance, Mckinney motorsports to list some. But as for differances between the three you listed I have went through one for parts (not motors) which was heavy throttle. I have bought allot through them. I can say one thing about them and that is if there is a problem they are quike to fix it. Got a couple of parts that had some issues and they sent me new parts within days to fix the problem. So I think they would be a safe bet if there were to be a problem. As for the other shops listed there is allot of info on other boards regaurding them. Maybe do a search on Nico in the SR or RB section for more info on the shops.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:40 AM

I really do not know who gets their engines from where...but as far as I am concerned...do a search on here or call the BBB and see how they rate......

why is it that some businesses need to knock other places....its not like you have the engines you promised anyway.....soon as you deliver the ones you promised then you can tell people how bad the other shops are....getting pretty sick of hearing that crap....
Old 12-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Judge - it's not knocking, it's stating a fact. Anyone can state a fact, opinion is knocking. My opinion, as stated above is "Jeff and Yury have always made up for it. They are a good company, and stand behind what they sell" I wouldn't call that knocking. If you have any more sarcastic remarks, I'd love to hear em.

Night
Old 12-06-2003, 01:16 AM

the point is , in every post when someone refers someone to a company other than yours, you always seem to pop up saying how bad they are... call it what you want but its unprofessional and disrespectful.

You being a "business" should not go around putting down other businesses, it always looks bad on your part. Have you ever bought a clip/motor from any of these companies? Because unless you have i dont think your in much of a position to be downing them. I dont really jump on the Night bashing wagon but this is more than one post in less than 10 minutes ive read with you talking about another company to make yourself look better, and yes that is what your doing, otherwise you wouldn't have came in with

"... i am my own importer..."
Old 12-06-2003, 07:08 AM

I am full of sarcastic remarks...just let me wake up and I will fire some off....

Just as the above post said...its unprofessional and petty.....and I am not the only one that notices it. I am not one to hold my mouth shut....I say whats on my mind and far as I am concerned your actions are reason enough for most people to not try to purchase anything from you. You keep acting like you are a big dolllar business "I am my own importer".....so then its your fault people are not getting the clips they paid for? Remeber...I am a consumer....a purchaser of parts....with damn deep pockets....you are supposed to be the professional.....so why don't ya start acting like it and quit the petty bullish when someone brings up another business.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:41 PM
Contributing Member

If it was petty bull **** it would be opinion. I listed a good opinion of their company, yet all you two try and do is bash me. I listed a fact, not an opinion about another company...and I didn't list any fact or opinion about the other company that was mentioned because I know nothing about them.

Fact is, people have a right to know FACTS about other companies. Fact is, I now import my own clips from my own supplier, I no longer deal with a middle man, so I know what I have firts hand. Second fact: Heavy Throttle does go through a third party, they do not see the product first hand, so they are like I used to be. This is not talking bad or bashing another company reguardless of what you two baffoons might think, this is stating FACT.

Is it better to know your product first hand? That's opinion, that's to be decided by the purchaser (or how you say it, the person with damn deep pockets). It's their money, let them decide how to spend it. If no one ever lists facts about another company and only opinions, then no one ever knows the truth behind other companies.

My record isn't squeaky clean - because I went through a third party importer...I bought through him so I had no control over what he did with my money or my engines...he is righting the situation with me which is all that matters - he is doing his part as am I with a container arriving in about a week.

So - if you two would like to post FACT about me, that is fine, but what you are doing is opinion which is the same thing you are accusing me for and saying I look bad for. The only opinion I listed was a good review of the company Heavy Throttle...

Dekand - I have not purchased any motors from Heavy Throttle or The other company (thus I didn't post anything about the other company), however, in the past month, Heavy Throttle contacted one of my partners asking him if we had any extra SR20DET's that they could buy at a discounted price...My partner came to me asking if we would wholesale to Heavy Throttle...I said no. If I ever do decide to wholesale to other companies such as Heavy Throttle, each clip will have a sticker on it hidden somewhere saying "Night Szevyn Racing" so you know exactly where it came from. That is also FACT.

Night

Last edited by NightXCZ77; 12-06-2003 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-06-2003, 01:57 PM

This is not talking bad or bashing another company reguardless of what you two baffoons might think, this is stating FACT.

... insulting another person and their intelligence, not something an upstanding business man would do. Not once did i insult you personally in my post. I was simply stating as a consumer that what you were doing in my opinion was not professional and obviously I am not the only one who thinks that.
Fact is, people have a right to know FACTS about other companies. Fact is, I now import my own clips from my own supplier, I no longer deal with a middle man, so I know what I have firts hand. Second fact: Heavy Throttle does go through a third party, they do not see the product first hand, so they are like I used to be. This is not talking bad or bashing another company reguardless of what you two baffoons might think, this is stating FACT.

All of these FACTS are only facts to you, no one else knows first hand that they are true or not, and therefore they are your opinions until you can prove it. And the FACT is you only state these FACTS when someone refers someone to a company other than YOU.
Is it better to know your product first hand? That's opinion, that's to be decided by the purchaser (or how you say it, the person with damn deep pockets). It's their money, let them decide how to spend it. If no one ever lists facts about another company and only opinions, then no one ever knows the truth behind other companies.

It is not your place to comment on other companies unless you yourself have had a bad experience as a consumer with them. And as far as I can tell you haven't. And the FACT that you do it in such a condescending manner shows what your real intent is.
My record isn't squeaky clean - because I went through a third party importer...I bought through him so I had no control over what he did with my money or my engines...he is righting the situation with me which is all that matters - he is doing his part as am I with a container arriving in about a week.

Your record isn't even close to squeaky clean. I myself as well as most people will never purchase anything from you because of what you, or "the third party" have done. And the way you conduct yourself on these message boards does not help your case at all.
So - if you two would like to post FACT about me, that is fine, but what you are doing is opinion which is the same thing you are accusing me for and saying I look bad for. The only opinion I listed was a good review of the company Heavy Throttle...

I am posting FACT about you. The FACT is that you are conducting yourself in a very unprofessional way, now you may see this as "opinion" but the FACT is 99% of consumers feel the same way. And the customer is always right, so dont argue.

So please do not ever try and insult me or my intelligence again, because I may be younger than you, but I can obviously see who the more mature and intelligent person is in this conversation.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:03 PM

Yea...what he said....nananananana....

dude....putting stuff on ebay you do not have your hands on is not a good business practice....calling me a baffoon is not a good personal practice....may we never meet in person.

Trust me....your reputation preceeds you.....
Old 12-06-2003, 04:44 PM

this is hilarious
Old 12-06-2003, 06:51 PM

You totally made a fool of yourself,how about we tell these companies you are bashing them.thell join this forum in a second and bash your a$$ ,or maybe they wont cause there better than you

Quick Reply: Where to get my engine