Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

turbo powered 240sx dyno tested

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 10:34 PM

turbo powered 240sx dyno tested

I was told after I purchased my motor that it had aftermarket injectors (not sure on the size), and a chipped ecu. The guy that sold me the motor also told me that the turbo looked different from the normal s13 sr20det t25 turbo, but not bigger. These mods plus a boost gauge are all I've done except for lsd.

Well a few weeks after getting the sr20det installed I decided to go with a few bmw friends to atp turbo in norcal to dyno test my car. The car normally runs .45 bar or 6.6psi, and occasionally I'll disconnect the tube running from the wastegate to the intercooler piping, this gets the car to peak at .85bar or 12.4 psi, after 5k rpm is starts to fall to around .7 bar.

sorry just copy an past the link wtdr is being gay, add a w infront of the link

ww.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTA0NjY3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

(if its too unclear or small I'll post a larger image)

I did three runs total, one with the wastegate tube connected at stock boost, an the other two with the wastegate tube disconnected. looking at the air fuel ratio graph it seems as if I'm running extremely rich, maybe its just me but it looks as if I'm running too rich, keep in mind I'm running the stock ka24de fuel pump. The number written next to the hp # is the gear I did the run in, 4th gear produced the highest numbers, I decided to try an do a 4th gear run because I read somewhere that 4th for the sr20det was closest to 1:1 ratio, but I don't think most people do their runs in 4th