Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

rb26dett swap i have it but might want to sell it part out question!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 12:01 PM

rb26dett swap i have it but might want to sell it part out question!

hello,

i bought an rb26dett swap about 9 months ago...
but i dont think i should of...i think it is way too much power for what i am wanting...i want a fast/quick car that is able to drift extremely good, i think im a pretty good drifter and i only can get better but i think it would be more difficult with this much power...
the reason i bought the rb26 is because my friend from import xtreme gave me a great deal only cost me 2400 for this swap...
i wrecked my s13 90 around 3 months ago..im currently ripping mods off of the engine and getting ready to part it out...

i have over 5k in mods on my stock rb26dett and around 450hp or more...
i will be posting some of my mods up for sale within the next day or 2, i already have most mods off, and stock parts are being sold already..

i was wondering if i should sell the rb26dett and get the rb25det...i know i want a skyline engine but i dont think i want the rb20, not enough power...

so do you think i could sell the rb26dett for at least $2200 or so?
is there any where else i should put my engine or parts up for sale?

let me know what you think...

i just bought a 1997 s14 and that is now my prject car...

i will trade rb26dett for a good rb25det swap...

thanks
Old 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM

Re: rb26dett swap i have it but might want to sell it part out question!

Originally posted by freakishpower
hello,

i bought an rb26dett swap about 9 months ago...
but i dont think i should of...i think it is way too much power for what i am wanting...i want a fast/quick car that is able to drift extremely good, i think im a pretty good drifter and i only can get better but i think it would be more difficult with this much power...
the reason i bought the rb26 is because my friend from import xtreme gave me a great deal only cost me 2400 for this swap...
i wrecked my s13 90 around 3 months ago..im currently ripping mods off of the engine and getting ready to part it out...

i have over 5k in mods on my stock rb26dett and around 450hp or more...
i will be posting some of my mods up for sale within the next day or 2, i already have most mods off, and stock parts are being sold already..

i was wondering if i should sell the rb26dett and get the rb25det...i know i want a skyline engine but i dont think i want the rb20, not enough power...

so do you think i could sell the rb26dett for at least $2200 or so?
is there any where else i should put my engine or parts up for sale?

let me know what you think...

i just bought a 1997 s14 and that is now my prject car...

thanks
Where are you located, and what assurances do we have that the RB26 is in good running condition? I have a guy who has a very strong running RB25 in his S13, and he's probably be up to trade if you like.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 PM

well i have pics of it in my car and out...i guess i would have to say the same about your friends rb25det...what proof do i have that it runs, do you have pics? let me know...

you can email me pics and i will do the same if you have some...
thanks for your response..
Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 PM

well i have pics of it in my car and out...i guess i would have to say the same about your friends rb25det...what proof do i have that it runs, do you have pics? let me know...

you can email me pics and i will do the same if you have some...
thanks for your response..
I could easily get you video with a time stamp of some kind on it for proof his is strong and running. I have a bunch of pics of his swap, but here's the one I have online of it. I just got off the phone with him and he's definately interested in trading, pending the details. Where are you located also?

The pic of his motor post swap..... http://home.comcast.net/~nismo241/DSC04861r.JPG

That pic was about 2 days after completion...there is now a genuine Apexi filter kit on it. Next time I see the car I can get some more pics of it's current condition plus video. If you have AIM it can be better discussed there, my AIM is Buttnutz42 (I Know, don't ask )

Last edited by Nismo241; 01-25-2006 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:48 PM

located in whitehall ohio...

i believe you that it runs, really no need for the video...

hmm, im debating...cause i know the rb26dett is more pricey
email me some details..
Old 01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Contributing Member

OF course the RB26 is going to be more expensive, there not that common and they had more to offer from the factory.

If you want to trade your 26 for a 25 and get money throught the trade then you should have listed trade+cash

but you said,

thanks
Nismo241 is a good guy. You guys talk it out. Im locking this for now.

If the deal falls through or you want to sell your engine PM me and i will open it and move it to the proper location.

Levi