Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

RB25DET Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 06:41 PM

Question RB25DET Questions

Have some questions concerning the RB25DET swap that I havent heard anyone ask, maybe I missed it somewhere.

1. Does the S13 speedo comapt with the RB25DET?

2. What's a good flywheel and clutch combo for it?

3. How much boost can the RB25DET handle?

4. What other upgrades would go well with the swap (other than fuel pump, etc)?

Thanks

-Wildfire
Old 03-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Night should chime in here any minute now.

a couple more questions for Night-

Where can i get one NOW!?

How much will a clip run me?

What tools are needed with the install?

Is the tranny and motor needed to be bolted together before it is actually placed in the vehicle? I dont know if u found a cure for installing the tranny and then the motor.

thats a few i have off the top of my head.

Thanx
Old 03-31-2003, 03:32 PM

Night's Website
Old 04-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member

1) S13 speedo is compatible if you do the wiring correctly.

2) Good cluch is any stage 3-4 or 6-puk metallic

3) RB25 can handle 20 psi with stock headgasket...maybe a little more.

4) LSD, FMIC, Intake, Downpipe, Exhaust, and Plugs are other great little add-on parts.

You can get a clip NOW from someone that has them in stock. My clips take 4-6 weeks to get here from Japan land. I am selling the RB25DET clips at $3k right now if you want one. Tools are air tools - jack stands, engine hoist, and hand tools.

Night
360-672-2415
Old 04-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

Hey night how much would it be to ship a RB25 to southern cali?
Old 04-02-2003, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member

About $400.

Night
Old 04-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Contributing Member

0k night, how i kan i go about buying an RB25 from u?
Old 04-03-2003, 12:46 AM

Ok, I figured that much, now gonna go a bit more in detailed.

1. Isn't Stage 3-4 clutch a bit rough for everyday driving? That was just what I was informed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. 20psi eh? What is the stock PSI rating? The stock turbo handle 20psi fine? Of course I wouldn't personally run 20psi for everyday driving, any recomendations on PSI setting and maybe a good turbo timer/boost controller that works well with the RB25DET. Any sites with RB25DET info, specs, and such?

3. FMIC? sorry, that isn't a term I'm familar with heh. Inakes: Any brand you recommend or your experience with certain brands (to anyone really), on the downpipe and exhaust: Do any brands fit well or is it a completely custom job, any recommendations on the muffler to use and size of the pipes. As far as LSD, would the stock LSD from a S13 be fine? or would an aftermarket one be a smarter way to go? What about an aftermarket intake manifold?

4. Still on parts, what would be a good place for NISMO parts or decent aftermarket parts (internal engine parts as well) for the RB25DET. Like a complete rebuild kit for example, look at the future ya know what i mean, incase something would happen.

5. How does the S13 feel afterwards? I dunno how to ask this question, if you say a skyline i'll kill ya ^_^.

I know i'm full of questions but i am curious and I do not plan on doing this with one arm tied behind my back nor am I gonna go in stupid either. Boy scouts moto, Always be prepared ^_^.

Thanks for all the info tho
Old 04-03-2003, 09:44 AM

fmic = front mount intercooler
Old 04-08-2003, 06:22 PM

Night-
One more thing, i was just looking at the pictures of your engine, what kind of paint was used on the manifold, how long did it take, etc ^_^ i'm full of questions =P
Old 04-10-2003, 01:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
0k night, how i kan i go about buying an RB25 from u?
Well start by emailing me or giving me a call at 360-672-2415 and we'll take it from there. I take money orders/cashiers checks, paypal, or wire transfers/bank transfers.

Cameron
Old 04-10-2003, 02:08 AM
Contributing Member

Honestly, you can't tell the difference really between stage 4 and stock when pressing the pedal, but you can tell when you launch that it grips a lot better....one of the advantages of a hydraulic clutch.

A Stock turbo will go about 15 psi max....get a new turbo and yuo can go 20 psi at the track easy. I would only run about 10-15 psi daily till you get some good management. Turbo timer - hks type 1, boost controller - apexi avc-r. I have a few specs on my site: http://240SKyline.nissanpower.com

Downpipe - just about any aftermarket RB downpipe will fit, however, I have some available made directly for the swap. I would use 3" all the way back so you have the least resistance on the turbo. The Skyline LSD would be your best swap for these engines....they bolt right in. Aftermarket intake manifolds are also a great thing to have.

You can get most stock replacement parts here in the states....JE pistons, HKS rods, etc... great stuff to be found and you can import anything by going through a dealer. Most stock parts are at napa or carquest....

The S13 feels like stock when it comes to handling, but it feels like a bat out of hell when it comes to acceleration.

Also, my engine was anodized, now it is powder-coated.

Nght
Old 05-18-2003, 12:43 PM

I'm am almost 100% ready to perform the RB25 swap... That motor came from the R31 GT-R, correct? I have seen night's website and all the other importing sites, but I trust Night the most. How quick is your car with the stock Skyline motor in it Night?
Old 05-22-2003, 04:19 AM

I was wondering if anyone had the physical dimensions of the RB25, and the SR20 if possible. I know they'll both fit fine, I'm asking for a different application than the 240.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:23 PM

DOes anyone know about the NEO from the r34 engine. I was wondering if the fitament was the same and if you (night) can import it. Thanx!

Quick Reply: RB25DET Questions