Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

horsepower on the dollar

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 07:36 PM

horsepower on the dollar

I have come to a dilema in the search for just the right sr20det front clip. I have decided where to buy it,flashoptions, but now i am unsure. I still dont have my damn CAR . another problem is i am always on the dollar. I had to sell my friggen 4wheeler to get the cash. So here is the problem, how can i get the most hp for the dollar. I know you can up the boost to a border line 15psi on the sr20. But i was also looking at these little thinga majiggers from spiral max that you put in your cold air intake and up to 2 can be installed. A possiblity of adding 70 horsepower for only 140 bucks. could be to good to be true. I also have been looking a jet chips, or would it be better just to buy a a totally different ECU. I heard of a few places were they sold used ones that can do some sweet sh*t for ur engine. So a little advice would be greatly appreciated, i know that most of us are living form dollar to dollar and the last thing i need to do is waste money on a piece of crap
Old 07-21-2003, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

well that is what you would be doin if you bought one of those....

why not just save a little and then buy.
that's what most of us do.
i have a whole intake..that's as far as my go fast goodies list goes.
if you are in the process of an SR swap and dont have much for suspension then go there
but if you have your suspension sorted out
and are droppin the SR then upgrade the brakes.
BUT...if the brakes are stoppie then upgrade your personal safty equipment...

you can up the bost to 12psi, and have good power(more then me) and be safe and finish up the smaller issues most of us have with the car...