Engine Swaps Discussion about motor swaps ONLY.

Help, Asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 11:00 PM

Exclamation Help, Asap!!

I am trying to finish a CA install into my 240 and for some reason I cannot find an info for the wiring diagrams. Everything I have seen is for an SR swap into an S13 with a KA. A lot of people may say there is a reason for that but still, there are people out there that are running with CA's that were swapped into a 240, with a KA and I am in need of some help FAST! Can anyone help me out here? I have a '93 240, that had a KA24DE in it. I have matched up and made connecitons where I can and it still won't go! Help, please...
Old 11-02-2002, 11:12 PM

I have the print outs from CA18.net for the computer conneciton and I've been to eurostreetgraphics.com and got a look at there instrcutions for a SR swap, hoping for ideas. I also have the service manual for CA's from Australia as well as a Chilton's for the 240. I've gone over and over what I have and been able to find for a CA install into a KA body and I keep coming up short.
I've made the connections as best I can from the information I have but something is missing. I get power but there isn't anything coming from the computer. It's acting as if the computer isn't getting any power? Again, any help with this would be VERY MUCH appreciated.
Old 11-03-2002, 02:18 AM
Contributing Member

damn, stress.
what other boards have you posted this question at?
this will help us know where to point you to next.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:20 AM

I've also got a post on FreshAlloy.com.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:42 PM

What turbin you got now, n1ce ? i heard you had a t04E and a T04S....
Old 11-11-2002, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member

try posting HERE
Old 11-11-2002, 09:28 AM

I do have a T04E but I need to find a place for a ROM tune or a stand alone system first. That's proving to be the hard part. Once I get that, then things should be alright for a while.
Old 11-11-2002, 09:34 AM

Try posting this at nico

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/vb...php?forumid=12
Old 11-12-2002, 03:59 AM

Originally posted by N1ceDrgn
I do have a T04E but I need to find a place for a ROM tune or a stand alone system first. That's proving to be the hard part. Once I get that, then things should be alright for a while.
sexy, absolutely sexy
Old 11-13-2002, 10:03 AM
Contributing Member

I don't know if they will help for free, but I believe www.unstable-hybrids.com has done a CA swap or two.

The only thing I really know is the the SR swap, wiring-wise, is mostly changing pins at the SMJ so that they match up properly. I don't know if this is the same for the CA swap.

I just spent a month without my car because of a short in the harness. Car wiring sucks ***... Good Luck.

-Justin
Old 11-14-2002, 08:26 PM

I am starting to have problems right now.. I am having a hard time finding some one that will give me the time of day to get this figured out. I am willing to drop it off but I can't find anyone with the know how to fix it. No one in the area really knows and the few that do are bogged down with other business. I am simply running out of ideas with this. If I had some information for the CA wire colors and what they are supposed to hook up to on the KA harness I could do it myself. But no one has that information or no one can remember. This is just REALLY starting to get to me...
Old 11-14-2002, 08:35 PM

The one problem I have right now is in the ignition system. It stems from the wiring merge between the KA and CA harnesses. Starting from the engine harness positive going back towards the engine. On http://www.heavythrottle.com/ they have a wiring diagram for an SR install that everyone under the sun has referred me to and I did follow it. When we ran a tester on the lines. The connection/ jumper for the coil packs power/ignition power is where the ground is at. Some where with that line, it is grounding out. That is the most info I have.
For manuals, I have the Chilton's for the 240SX, I have the FSM for the 200SX and then the info from heavy throttle. I simply son't understand??? The one thing I can say is that it is blowing the 100amp fuses for my battery relocater kit. I can get 1 maybe 2 starts and then it blows. My starter also whines like a nascar when it starts. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-14-2002, 10:14 PM

go to zilvia.net and then to their technical link they should have something in there that will probably help you out good luck
Old 11-15-2002, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

If you're popping 100amp fuses then you've got a serious ground where there shouldn't be one.

Does it pop the fuses when the car is sitting, or only when starting?

You would have to have a short on a main power line to blow a fuse that large. If it were in further down the line, you'd be blowing the smaller fuses in the fuse box first.

Time to start digging... My nasty short was in the harness on the battery side right where it turned to pass around the radiator. It had worn through and shorted....

-Justin